Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 USK SDQ Symposium IV

IV The Decisive Moment 
Instructors: Veronica Lawlor and Jonathan Schmidt

The workshop started with lots of wonderful good examples of lines sketching. complete and incomplete. That actually helps a lot when we actually on the street to search for the drawing subjects.

Start with the thumb nails stories like this: (sorta like a screen play that either the camera is zooming in or out, depends on each storyteller...)






















If you enlarge the drawing, there is a very useful tip on the second left.....

It shows a simple but very useful principle for your drawing:


1. things you draw that are closer to you, should be bigger, vice versa.
2. try to include both close to you and far from you elements in the same drawing. So the drawing would looks more like what people actually see.



Then go into the details with your thumbnails story (or other things else, no obligation).

Saw a couple were using their own gadgets for like 15 mins straight. No single conversation exchange.



















I just love their lamp poles, can't keep my eyes of it unless I draw one. :)
Also, figured that I should put something, maybe activities around the area to make the drawing more complete. So I add some loose lines chess competition that are very common things you can see at the Santo Domingo.





















I still had not tried the completely loosen lines yet at this point. Just go ahead did this drawing: (I am not that satisfied with it but Veronica said she actually like this one then the previous one, coz she can see I am actually loosen up in the drawing. Hmmmm. ok.)





















Last try for the workshop b4 everybody wrapping up theirs: (sakura brush pen, brown color)



















After the workshop, I was starting feeling loosing up of my drawing, but it was already the 4th workshop of the whole symposium... I wished I could learn faster and had more energy to finish more..... 

It was just so exhausted and the humid weather made you got tired so easily.... I guess I am so used to the nice sunny california weather that I totally forget I was actually live in the same sub-tropical weather of my earlier 25 years of life. :P 


No comments:

Post a Comment